HAPPY PANCAKE DAY! What better than a day dedicated to making and eating pancakes. And I like to go all out. My favourite type of pancakes are big fluffy American style ones, perfect for breakfast! I have posted about these before back in December – American Style Pancakes. It is such an easy recipe to follow and makes the best pancakes!
You will need:
3 large eggs
115g plain flour
1 heaped teaspoon of baking powder
140ml of milk
a pinch of salt
- Separate the eggs, with the whites in one bowl and the yolks in another
- Sieve the flour into a large mixing bowl, adding the baking powder, milk and yolks in too before mixing them all together into a batter
- Add salt to the egg whites and whisk until stiff. Fold this into the batter mixture.
- Heat a non-stick pan on a medium heat and ladle the mixture into the pan, frying for a few minutes until it looks golden and firm. Use a spatula to loosen the pancake before flipping over and continue until both sides are golden.
- Pile your pancakes onto a plate and add your toppings!